vMix is feature rich live production software that allows you to record and stream professional productions all from a single PC or Laptop.
vMix supports SD, HD and 4K productions.
If using your own PC, the two major system requirements for vMix are Windows 7 or higher and a DirectX 10 compatible graphics card.
More detailed requirements can be found on the Supported Hardware page on our web site.
vMix is also available in a number of turnkey live production systems, including the flagship vMix GO
with support for up to 8 full HD cameras. See our web site for more information.
Below is an overview of the features available in vMix. This User Guide will provide you with some in depth knowledge
of each of these features and enable you to create the best possible production in the least amount of time!
- Video Capture from HDMI, HD-SDI, SDI, Component, S-Video, Composite as supported by source from SD up to 4K
- NDI Network Device Interface Sources
- AVI, WMV, MPEG, MXF, MP4 and QuickTime files
- Virtual Sets - Use live chroma keying to place talent in animated 3D virtual sets
- List (load multiple video or audio files as a single input)
- DVDs including menu navigation
- CGI Titles - High Quality CGI Titles with customisable text including Headline (lower two-thirds) and ScoreBoard templates
- PowerPoint (static slides only)
- Audio Files (MP3, WAV)
- Audio Devices
- Remote computer screen capture via Ethernet
- Flash (SWF) and Flash Video (FLV)
- RTSP and TS (Transport Stream) Sources (H264 Video / AAC Audio), Teradek Cube
- RTMP Sources
- WPF (Xaml)
- Video Delay /Replay - Create a looping delay feed of any camera and save short video clips in real time
- Solid Colour and Colour Bars
- Web Browser
Live Video Mixing Effects
- Cross Fade
- 3D Zoom
- Slide Effect
- Wipe Effect
- Cube Effect
- FlyRotate Effect
- Fly Effect
- CrossZoom Effect
- Merge Effect
- Colour Keying and Chroma Keying with Auto Green or Blue Screen
- Stinger Transitions
Live Video Filters
- Colour Correction
- Black/White Level Adjustments
- Colour Keying and Chroma Keying (Blue or Green screen)
- Luma Key
- Key and Fill sources
- Deinterlacing and Sharpen
- Zoom, Rotate, Pan and Crop
- Customisable grid of buttons for easy touch screen control of vMix
- Edit titles via any Smart Phone
- Turn any Smart Phone into a Tally Light
- Combine six inputs (background and five foreground) to create a multi view output in many configurations including split-screen and picture-in-picture.
- Overlay any Input with alpha channel transparency as either a full overlay or PIP (Picture In Picture)
- Four Overlay Inputs supported at a time in 4K, HD and SD Editions
- Automate playback of multiple inputs with the PlayList feature
- Set start time, duration and transition effect for each item in the PlayList
- Output 4 formats simultaneously (Screen, Recording, External Output, Streaming)
- Default output to secondary computer display or projector
- Output to web sites such as USTREAM and YouTube Live
- Output over NDI - Network Device Interface to other devices on the same network
- Optional output to compatible rendering device such as from AJA, BlueFish and Blackmagic Design
- Output to streaming applications such as the Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder and Skype
- Built in RTMP live streaming to providers such as USTREAM, YouTube Live and more.
- Live Recording to local hard disk in DV in SD resolutions or the MJPEG, MagicYUV or CineForm Codec for recording in HD (CineForm Codec not included)
- Live Recording in HD to the Decklink MJPEG Encoder when using Intensity/Decklink cards.
- Live Recording in MPEG-2 Format in Program Stream or Transport Stream in SD or HD.
- Live Recording or Streaming in Windows Media format.
- Live Recording in MP4 in SD or HD.
- Live Recording in FFMPEG to a number of formats including MPEG-2, MP4 and VC-3
MultiCorder (4K and Pro Editions)
- Record the raw output from multiple capture inputs simultaneously to AVI, MKV, FFMPEG or MPEG-2.
- Full Audio Mixer for each input with configurable Master Audio Meter.
- Audio can be included with Video Recording using any available audio capture sources.
- vMix Audio device available for easy audio recording with 3rd party applications
- Up to three independent Audio Mixes can be created and sent out to Windows and ASIO compatible devices
- Support for multi-channel audio inputs from ASIO devices
- vMix introduces approximately 2 frames of delay between input and output. This is similar in performance to standard HD switchers. Other factors that will influence delay include delays in video cameras and video capture hardware and delays causing by video scaling of the output (such as by a projector)
Shortcuts and Macros
- Custom shortcuts to do everything from transitions to changing Title text
- An unlimited number of functions can be assigned to Keyboard, MIDI, Control Surface, X-Keys and ShuttlePROv2 buttons, faders and knobs.
Scripting (4K and Pro Editions)
- Create advanced code in VB.NET and assign it to a Shortcut
- Support for multiple translations such as Spanish and Korean from Google Translate