Knowledge Base » Recording
Enabling custom AVI codecs
In the Recording Setup window, vMix shows a limited number of AVI codecs such as Decklink MJPEG Compressor and CineForm that have been tested for compatibility.
If you would like to enable other 3rd party AVI codecs you can do so below:
1. Locate Notepad in your start menu, right click the icon and select "Run as Administrator"
2. Go to File -> Open and browse to your vMix installation directory. This will usually be C:\Program Files (x86)\vMix
2. Select All Files from the bottom right hand drop down box and double click vMix64.exe.config
3. Locate the following section:
<setting name="SupportedCodecs" serializeAs="Xml">
4. Change the section <string>DivX*</string> to <string>*</string>
5. Save the file and repeat the steps for vMix.exe.config
Last Updated: Sunday, 20 October 2013 3:43:30 PM