« Back to Knowledge Base
Using vMix output in Google Hangouts
Note: This guide applies to vMix 13 or higher
Follow the steps below to begin using the video output in vMix within Google Hangouts
Before starting, make sure Google Chrome is completed closed.
1. Open up vMix and click Settings
2. From the Performance tab select YUY2 as the Output Format
3. From the External Output tab make sure vMix Video Device is ticked and Output Size is 1280x720 or lower and click OK.
4. At the bottom of vMix click the External button
5. Open up Google Chrome, go to Google Hangouts and start a video hangout
6. From the top toolbar click the Cog or Gear icon.
7. Select vMix Video as the video option and a microphone or other audio device as the audio.
If you would like to send the computer's audio (such as from vMix), follow the steps below to enable "Stereo Mix"
8. Video from vMix should now be showing.
Last Updated: Wednesday, 6 August 2014 1:40:12 PM