Knowledge Base » Streaming
Streaming with AAC audio for FMLE
One of the application types used in vMix for live streaming is uses Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder (which is called "FMLE" in the application dropdown menu.
By default FMLE includes support for MP3 as the audio format.
To add support for AAC, follow the steps below:
1. Purchase and Install the AAC Encoder for FMLE from MainConcept:
vMix 10 or higher
2. In the vMix Streaming window click the Advanced button and select "AAC" as the Audio Format.
2. From the Start Menu, type in "Notepad" right click the Icon and select "Run as Administrator"
3. Click File -> Open and click "All Files (*.*)" in the bottom right hand corner.
4. Open the vMix streaming template, it is usually located in C:\Program Files (x86)\vMix\streaming\profile.xml
5. Find the section titled "<format>MP3</format>" and change it to "<format>AAC</format>"
6. Save and close Notepad
vMix will now default to encoding in AAC
Alternatively, select the "FFMPEG" option from the application dropdown menu which does support AAC audio for streaming.
Last Updated: Tuesday, 10 May 2016 10:21:56 AM