VMIX is a full-service online video platform that drives student achievement by creating a more engaging, personalized learning experience. Our tools make it easy for teachers and students to share video in the classroom, at home and on the go.
Our VMIX PUBLISHER product offers tools to streamline your media workflow—ingesting, managing and publishing video, images and audio files with ease. And our VMIX CORE product offers the rich APIs and custom components that let you integrate video, sharing and other interactive features into the learning experience your own way.
VMIX supports a wide range of learning solutions—supplementing traditional course materials with video, enabling long-distance and corporate learning, and helping you offer innovative ways for students and teachers to interact.
Key Benefits for Educators
Focus less on managing technologies and more on your organizations key learning goals!
- Encourage faculty-student interaction through video. One-on-one and group sharing can facilitate and improve communication.
- Supplement in-class lectures with video materials or offer additional classes using pre-recorded sessions. Video learning both increases student registration and saves on the cost of offering additional sessions.
- Create the ultimate mobile campus. Give faculty, students and staff access to vital resources and information anytime, anywhere.
- Student collaboration by web cam and mobile sharing encourage the use of technology that is already in place.
- VMIX’s cloud-based video solutions provide the reliability, security and scalability you need, along with the predictability of a fully-managed system.
Video provides unparalleled opportunities for supporting student success and building your learning community.
- Focus on individualized learning to enhance every student’s success. On-demand video curriculum promotes active and social learning both in and beyond the classroom.
- Benefit your entire school district. Create a lasting archive that every school can use, retaining and sharing the collective wisdom of teachers and administrators.
- Offer professional development for teachers and support staff with video on demand.
- Create a deeper connection to your community by providing secure access to classroom recordings and events. Add video to broadcast notices, progress on district initiatives and year-end summaries. Encourage community involvement by highlighting volunteer efforts in the classroom and their impact on students.
Technical and business professionals expect more than the written word. Engage your students with interactive, easy-to-use video learning.
- Maximize program effectiveness. Our video tools make it easy to modify your programming, based on feedback and changing market requirements. And no-touch publishing ensures that your materials are always current, matching the objectives of your curriculum.
- Video collaboration keeps learners involved, and web cam and mobile-upload tools minimize time and the cost to get started.
- Build a valuable reference archive. Manage class recordings and other video materials as easily as the printed word. Search, sort and filter tools allow instructors and students to find videos quickly. And comments and ratings on archived items allow students to supplement or rank materials.
Video offers exciting ways to extend employee learning across your organization.
- Offer the same training and support to all employees across multiple locations and departments.
- Simplify course delivery with video that goes anywhere your learners go. VMIX supports all current video formats, allowing you to deliver web and mobile learning on the devices staff are most comfortable using.
- Keep content relevant with web-based video that taps into the collective wisdom of your instructors, facilitators and subject-matter experts.
- Supplement learning programs with additional content before, during and after the learning event. Have students raise key questions, share their experiences using what they’ve learned, or submit challenges they’ve faced.
- Increase the impact of learning with social tools. Video sharing, rating and commenting maximize knowledge retention and result in greater organizational impact.
As effective as in-class training but more cost-effective, online video training allows instructors to focus more on teaching and less on logistics.
- With no set class times, virtual training can be scheduled or ad-hoc, performed one-on-one or delivered to larger groups, and run as hosted or independent sessions.
- Create virtual classrooms that let you track progress and interact with individual students or the entire class using video. Sessions can be segmented or continuous, allowing trainees to leave and return to the curriculum as needed.
- Run multiple programs without incurring additional hardware or software costs. Instructors can effectively run multiple classes, their students located in various locations.
- Video learning reduces travel and administrative expenses, and there is no need to configure additional hardware or install software.