« Back to Knowledge Base
Why do I see a blank screen or error when using a Blackmagic card?
Blackmagic cards need to be set to the exact frame rate and resolution of the camera in order to a appear correctly programs like vMix.
If these settings do not match the camera, a blank screen will usually appear.
Please try the following steps to confirm the resolution and frame rate of the camera:
1. Run the Blackmagic Media Express software provided with the card.
2. From this program configure the settings until you see the correct picture.
3. Make note of these settings and close the program.
4. Run vMix and click Add Input and go to the Camera tab.
5. From the dropdown Camera menu select the option that exactly matches the name of the device you are using
For example "Intensity Pro" or "Decklink SDI 4K"
6. Select the Resolution and Frame Rate settings that match what worked in Media Express.
Important Note: Most cameras that support 60i/30p are actually 59.94i/29.97p so select this option instead.
If after following these steps, the video is working in Media Express but is blank in vMix, try selecting RGB32 from the Video Format
dropdown box when adding the input via Add Input -> Camera.
This option might be needed where a computer HDMI output is being captured, or for some specialized security and sports cameras.
Last Updated: Thursday, 15 June 2017 12:02:55 PM