Click Download below to install the Free 60 Day Trial or to update your licensed copy of vMix.Download vMix 16 (18.104.22.168)
The download above includes the latest version of vMix,
vMix Social, vMix Title Designer and vMix Desktop Capture all in the one setup program.
vMix is a Windows based software only. If you are using a Mac, click the following link for more information: "Can vMix run on a Mac?".
See also: What edition is the trial?
Release Notes for vMix 16
- 1 September 2015
- MIDI Controller Support
- ASIO Input and Output Devices Support
- Scripting support
- New Audio Effects including Noise Gate and 10 Band EQ
- Support for Tally Light kits from Tally-Lights and Metasetz
- Twitch, DaCast, StreamSpot and StreamingChurch.tv added to Streaming destinations
- ASIO Input and Output Support
- Improved audio processing quality
- New Noise Gate effect
- New 10 Band Equalizer
- Audio Meter added to Audio Settings with effect toggle checkboxes to compare before and after levels
- SetBalance and SetGain shortcuts added
- New FFMPEG recording option with support for MOV, MP4, H264, VC-3 and more!
- MOV recordings default to non-indexed which means partial files can be played back, but may not be compatible with some players
- Log files now saved to separate directory for easy management
- MultiCorder now supports MP4 and FFMPEG
- Integrated support for Twitch, DaCast, StreamSpot and StreamingChurch.tv added
- Add Input -> Flash toggle box added to support additional remote RTMP stream types
- MIDI Input support, use any MIDI device to control an unlimited number of functions
- Support for MIDI fader controls to control audio or even the T-Bar!
- X-Keys button support for most models
- ShuttlePROv2 buttons can now be used to control any function in vMix, even if Replay is not being used
- Mouse scroll wheel can now be used to scroll input rows (while mouse hovers over Inputs area)
- New Function lookup box makes it easy to find functions organised by category
- New "Find ..." button allows you to push a button or control from any supported device (Keyboard, MIDI, X-Keys, vMix Control Surface) to assign it automatically
- New Templates interface, allows easy visualisation of Keyboard, ShuttlePRO and Novation LaunchControlXL button assignments on screen, or as a printable graphic
- Improved Edit Shortcut window that hides options unrelated to a particular shortcut and provides function specific captions and hints
- MoveInput added
- Shortcuts can now optionally be assigned by Number instead of moving with a particular input.
- New scripting support in 4K and PRO editions
- Write your own code and attach it to a shortcut or trigger
- Code can be created as either VB.NET code or as a text list of API functions
- Scripts can be called from the API (handy for bulk commands)
- API now supports HTTP POST
- API now supports selecting inputs by Name e.g Input=myvideo.mp4
External Output / MultiView
- Support added for Bluefish output capable cards
- New MultiView layouts added including Quad View and Preview/Program + 12 Inputs
- Add Input button now includes a quick access menu to easily add recent files
- Right click menu added to all inputs to "Create Virtual Input"
- Create Virtual Input now duplicates the settings from the source input
- Higher bitrate options added
- Replay shortcuts now accept values greater than 30 seconds (up to 10 minutes)
- New switch direction button added to replay interface
- New Jump To Now button added to replay interface and shortcuts, will stop live and jump to most recent frame automatically
- ReplayMarkInRecordedNow shortcut jumps to now and marks in, ready to scroll back and select mark out point
- Live previews now show in Replay A + B when in Live mode, can be disabled in settings
- ReplayMarkCancel shortcut
- ReplaySetDirectionForward, ReplaySetDirectionBackward shortcuts
- OnOverlayIn and OnOverlayOut triggers now available
- Added trigger watchdog to watch for loops and throttle automatically
- Added support for Tally Lights from www.tally-lights.com
- Added support for Tally Lights from www.metasetz.com
- Tally lights now trigger on overlays as well
- New Merge effect animates all inputs that are both in the Preview and Output
- Use the Merge effect to create animations between inputs or create multiple zoom inputs for a single camera and smoothly transition to each
- Performance of "Capture Hidden Window" vastly improved. Allows capturing up to 60fps from any window on the same PC.
- Fixed issues with desktop capture aspect ratio
- Fixed some issues with importing and exporting presets across computers in different language regions
- Fixed title sorting in Add Input -> Title
- Fixed bug with Key/Fill where using some graphics cards would lead to opaque elements becoming semi-transparent.
Release Notes for vMix 15 - 7 March 2015
- All new 4 channel instant replay with slow motion playback, event management and more
- 1 channel suppot included with vMix 4K with 4 channels available in vMix Pro
- Full feature listing available on help page http://www.vmix.com/replayhelp/
- Ustream and Sunday Streams added to streaming destinations
- Improved FFMPEG streaming with support for infinite auto-reconnects in the event of internet outage
- New multiple streaming destination support with easy to use 1,2 and 3 stream selection buttons
- AJA camera inputs will automatically reset when new video format is detected
- Back/Next buttons added to user interface
- PowerPoint and Photos slide shows can now be started and stopped through Play/Pause button
- Default transition time is 2 seconds
- Input numbers will now next to each input title and in the MultiView by default. These can be hidden in Settings -> Display.
- Image Sequence moved to separate Image Sequence / Stinger Add Input tab. Improved performance when using stingers.
- Fixed bug when playing Transport Streams that have been running for more than 26 hours
- Fixed bug with Audio Mixer missing on multiple monitor setups
- Fixed issue where some videos in a List may appear brighter than expected
- Fixed bug where dragging a file from the desktop would only work when dragging over a blank space
- Fixed auto play bug when turning on overlay containing more than one input
- A number of other minor bug fixes and improvements