Knowledge Base » Guides
Changing the default vMix decoder for MP4 videos to FFMPEG
By default, vMix uses the Windows decoder when playing back MP4 videos in vMix.
It is possible to change this to the FFMPEG decoder if you are experiencing compatibility issues with certain video files.
To do this follow the steps below:
1. Make sure the latest version of vMix is installed and that you are running the 64 bit version of vMix (32bit Windows and 32bit vMix cannot be changed)
2. Click the Settings button in vMix then go to the Decoders tab
3. Under the heading FFMPEG there will be a list of file types in a text box. The default is as follows:
4. Add *.mp4 to the list so it looks like the following:
Be careful not to include any spaces in the list.
5. Click OK and then restart vMix
Last Updated: Monday, 9 November 2015 9:58:41 AM