Vidcinity is a new mobile application that lets you share and discover video around a location.
Capture the events and places where you live and travel, pinning your videos to a spot on the map. As other Vidcinity users near the same locale, the app will notify them that a video is available for viewing.
Whether you’re a virtual graffiti artist, an amateur historian or a marketer focusing on the success of local businesses, Vidcinity puts location-based video sharing in your hands and lets you create your own story around community.
Vidcinity is currently available (free) for iPhone and iPad 2 on the App Store. A versions for Android will be added in coming months.
VIDCINITY features for iPhone and iPad 2 include:
- Video capture, upload and automatic geo-pinning
- Automatic video discovery within a user-defined range
- Fast low-res uploads on 3G networks, auto-replaced with higher-res files when Wi-Fi is available
- Easy video sharing to Facebook and Twitter
- Send video links to friends and family by email
- One-tap access to random videos from around the globe
- Opportunities for location-based promotion and advertising
So Easy to Use
Sharing and discovering video around you on Vidcinity is as easy as using your iPhone or iPad 2.
If you want to view the video later, simply take a look at the My Videos tab in the Vidcinity app or log into your account on the Vidcinity website. You can also share your Vidcinity videos directly to Facebook.
The Videos Near Me tab displays all Vidcinity videos within range of your current location. You can adjust the discovery range, anywhere from 100 feet to 1 mile, on your Vidcinity Settings tab.
A Million Applications for Location-based Video
As the first mobile app to focus on location-based video, we know Vidcinity has great potential for personal and commercial applications.
Will your loyal spa clients upload video reviews right after getting their hair styled? Want to document your family vacation at the same campground year after year? Need an easy way to share concert videos at your venue?
Vidcinity has so many applications!
- Tourism and Local-education Groups: Promote landmarks, nature parks and tourist attractions
- Realtors and Property-rental Companies: Offer drive-by video listings for your properties
- Marketers and Event Promoters: Feature client locations and events nation-wide; post videos before, during and after an event
- Small Business Owners: Free advertising for your products and services as customers pass your store
- Geo-caching and Recreation Enthusiasts: Discover videos hidden in the great outdoors!