« Back to Knowledge Base
Audio output becomes disabled when using ASIO audio input
When using an audio interface that supports ASIO, many manufacturers will disable the audio in Windows when using their ASIO driver.
As a result the following may occur:
1. You have the audio interface set as the default playback device in Windows.
2. vMix is set to send audio to "Default Windows Playback Device"
3. You add an audio input using the ASIO option and audio suddenly stops playing to the output.
To prevent this, follow the step below:
1. Disable setting the audio interface as the default playback device in Windows.
2. In vMix under Settings -> Audio Outputs change the output you wish to use to the ASIO device name that exactly matches what is used for the audio input.
Last Updated: Wednesday, 1 May 2019 10:28:10 AM