Download vMix Software
Click Download below to install the Free 60 Day Trial of vMix PRO or to update your licensed copy of vMix. The download below includes the latest version of vMix, vMix Social, vMix GT Title Designer and vMix Desktop Capture all in the one setup program.
Existing customer who purchased prior to 01 January 2022? Check Latest Available Version
vMix is a Windows based software only. If you are using a Mac, click the following link for more information: "Can vMix run on a Mac?".
vMix includes some open source libraries. Details of some of these libraries and applicable source code are available here.
Download vMix Desktop Capture
Click below to download the vMix Desktop Capture program for Windows.
Release Notes for vMix 27 - 22 January 2024Click here for a changelog of updates since vMix 27 was released
- vMix can beome a participant in a Zoom Meeting and access the raw video and audio feeds of all participants in up to 1080p HD
- Show up to one participant a time in vMix HD, or as many participants as your Zoom plan and internet allow in 4K, Pro and Max editions
- Each Zoom input can be assigned a participant and dynamically switch between camera and sharing as needed, or multiple Zoom inputs to show both at the same time.
- Free Zoom plans allow up to 360p per participant while paid Zoom plans can support up to 1080p. Refer to the Zoom web site for more information.
- A separate plugin is required which can be downloaded from https://www.vmix.com/zoomplugindownload
- New triggers for Zoom including OnZoomActiveSpeaker, OnZoomActiveSpeakerWhileInOutput, OnZoomActiveSpeakerSelf
AV1 and HEVC support for RTMP Streaming
- These video compression formats provide higher quality at the same bitrate as H264 and are supported by selected streaming providers. (Currently YouTube Live)
- AV1 requires a NVIDIA GeForce 4050 or higher. HEVC requires a NVIDIA GeForce 2050 series or higher GPU
New Layer Designer
- The Input Settings - Layers tab now allows sizing, positioning and alignment of layers with an interface similar to GT Designer
- Includes three modes: Move, Crop and Border allowing fine tuned adjustments of each layer in pixels
- Layers can be easily aligned to other layers and grid lines in the currently selected Safe Area
- Undo/Redo support for adjustments
- Border animations have been improved to support dynamic adjustment of borders when merging (as long as the borders are the same thickness and colour)
Audio Bus Manager and new Audio features
- New Audio Bus Manager available from the hamburger menu, allows easily assigning audio buses for every input from a single interface
- New Pre-Fader Listen toggle for every input individually and the ability to also set the audio meters to pre/post fader for inputs
- New Bus Mixer for each input allows selecting a different volume for each bus
Over 150 new shortcuts!
- Loop, SoloAllOff, SoloPFL, SoloPFLOn, SoloPFLOff
- SetVolumeBusMixer, SetVolumeBusMixerM-G, SetVolumeChannelMixer1-16
- SetLayerAnimated, SwapLayerAnimated
- SetLayer*Zoom, SetLayer*PanX, SetLayer*PanY, SetLayer*X, SetLayer*Y, SetLayer*Width, SetLayer*Height, SetLayer*Rectangle, SetLayer*CropX1, SetLayer*CropX2, SetLayer*CropY1, SetLayer*CropY2, SetLayer*Crop
- Effect*On, Effect*Off, Effect*, SetEffect*Strength
- SetCCLiftY, SetCCGammaY, SetCCGainY
Stream Deck+ Support
- Dials and Touchscreen taps can now be assigned to shortcuts
- Many shortcuts have been updated to work with dials automatically such as Colour Correction
- This requires the latest vMix for Stream Deck plugin to be installed (v1.4) via the Stream Deck store
- Web Browser input Chromium version updated to version 115
- NDI updated to version 5.6
- External Outputs expanded to 4 (experimental)
- OBSBot support added via MF (Media Foundation) driver
- Castr added as Streaming Destination dropdown
- Migrated vMix and related apps to .NET Framework 4.8
(Custom XAML may no longer work correctly, as it was deprecated back in vMix 24)
- vMix now defaults to supporting High-DPI displays in the user interface
- Improved performance when capturing windows with Local Desktop Capture
- Ability to disable the cursor when capturing windows with WindowsGraphicsCapture method
Release Notes for vMix 26 - 23 January 2023Download vMix 26
- New Gaussian Blur effect for all inputs. Add multiple blur effects each with its
own cropping and strength.
Requires a recent fast graphics card for the best results.
- New LUT effect for all inputs.
Supports PNG (OBS style) and CUBE files (Davinci Resolve etc). Create your own colour grading files and use them in vMix!
- New Stream Delay option in Quality settings for streams. See help file for more information.
New Vertical Production Tools
- Vertical HD Preset (1920p)
- Vertical GT Templates
- 90 Degree rotate button in Position tab, will zoom to fit new rotated source.
- Automatic detection of rotation in MP4 files recorded using smart phones.
- vMix 26 now includes built-in support for the latest NDI 5.5
Note many new NDI features are in the free NDI Tools. Check out NDI.tv for more information.
15 Mix inputs total in 4K, Pro and Max
- Supports Output Only mode in Mix Inputs, which hides the preview and preview/output controls for a more compact input.
SRT Replay, Multi-Track Audio and CBR support
- SRT inputs can now be used as Instant Replay sources. This requires turning off Use Hardware Decoder when adding the SRT input, as Instant Replay uses the CPU.
- vMix now supports the ability to receive multiple tracks of audio which will be combined automatically and made available to the input's channel matrix and mixer.
- On the output side, support has been added to split the single multi-channel track into multiple stereo audio tracks.
- SRT outputs now support CBR mode
Web Browser Input Updated
- Chromium Version 103 for compatibility with new web sites
- PTZ support for Insta 360 Link with MF (Media Foundation) driver for better
Note that audio needs to be added as a separate input, as it is detected as a separate Microphone in Windows.
- Bluefish444 Key+Fill support on selected cards
- Bluefish444 multi-channel audio output on selected cards
- New Audio Matrix presets to allow easy selection of stereo pairs to Master
- Added support for 1440p
- GT Line Spacing added
- GT Images now have a TopRight align option
- Intel Graphics ARC and 12th Gen now supported
- New Replay shortcuts: ReplayMarkInOutLiveFuture, ReplaySetChannelAToBTimecode,
- New Facebook Stream Key destination for manual streams
- All old XAML title templates have been moved to the Legacy tab
- Input names now appear in Input Settings - Position dropdown
- Added new Preview input. This in combination with the Output input provides the ability to build custom Output MultiView layouts.
- Transition buttons will now highlight red during transitions
- Copy/Paste buttons added to Input Position tab
- X-Keys T-Bar Module Red/Blue LED support
Release Notes for vMix 25 - 9 March 2022Download vMix 25
- New built-in streaming destination in vMix that streams directly to a web page built into the vMix Web Controller
- Can be viewed by most modern browsers and devices including laptops, PCs, smart phones and smart TVs that support HTML5 live streaming.
- Up to 16 additional custom category tabs can be added each with its own name and colour.
AJA Capture Card Support
- Added support for latest AJA capture devices including the T-Tap Pro, Corvid 44 12G and Io X3
- New Preset Bundles, optionally save presets in self contained vmixZip files which will contain media assets like titles, images and videos in a single file, allowing easy transport to new computers.
- Any missing files in a preset can now be located from within a single window
- The latest NDI release is included in vMix 25
- New Output input simply adds the current main vMix Output 1 (Program) as an input for use elsewhere.
- This is handy for situations where a different source is needed for Outputs 2-4 or for a Video Call, but with the Program feed still showing as a picture in picture.
- To add the Output input, click the arrow next to Add Input in the main vMix window and click the Output option.
- Object colors in GT Titles can now be edited in vMix as well as through the API and Data Sources using html color codes.
- This is enabled by unticking "Hidden" under the GT Designer Data tab for any shapes you wish to edit in vMix.
- Added support for coloured emojis in vMix Social titles when using the Segoe UI Emoji font
- vMix now only supports 64-bit versions of Windows.
- New virtual set template included
- New activators for InputAudioAuto, OverlayXAny, BusXSolo and VideoCallSourceOutputX
- New shortcuts OverlayInputXLast and SetColor (for GT object colors)
- Security of web and tcp controllers now further restricted by limiting to the local network by default.
- NDI thumbnails can be optionally turned off via Settings
- When clicking Clear to clear recent items, only those selected will be cleared, if no items selected, all will be cleared as before.
- PowerPoint/Photos inputs now default to adding a black border around photos of
different aspect ratios instead of transparent as in previous releases.
This is to ensure smoother transitions, however if you prefer the previous functionality this can be turned off via SlideShow Settings for the input.
- Added Key Frame Interval adjustment support for SRT outputs. This now defaults to 2 seconds instead of 1 second in previous releases.
- MultiCorder now hides unsupported inputs by default. These inputs can still be shown manually if required by power users.
- Improved tally light support for various cameras using Sony VISCA over IP
- Added new Barn Door and Roller Door transition effects because why not?
- Video Delay input now defaults to using the vMix Video Codec as the save format as it is the most efficient option.
- Various replay bug fixes
Release Notes for vMix 24 - 8 March 2021Download vMix 24
Instant Replay Revamp
- Eight channel continuous recording of up to eight camera inputs including 4 channel audio
- High frame rate support for camera inputs and replay, up to 240fps where supported by both camera and capture card
- New Replay Recording format. Uses vMix AVI 4:2:2 files with resolution support up to 4K.
- A and B output channels can be controlled independently or in sync and have any camera angle assigned to each
- Twenty (20) Event lists are available that can each include an unlimited number of Mark In and Mark Out points
- Event lists can now have custom names applied
- Export events to separate video files on the fly in either MP4 or vMix AVI format
- Dedicated Replay MultiView output with two playback channels shown alongside eight live camera previews. Previews of the camera angles during event playback can also be optionally enabled.
- Support for two replay controllers simultaneously (JLCooper and ShuttlePro v2) to control each channel independently
- Many new replay shortcut functions added including ability to switch audio source in real time and delete/duplicate events
More Stingers and GT Stingers
- Two new Stinger channels added
- GT title templates can be used with stingers automatically. Use the TransitionIn and TransitionOut animations in GT Designer to define the cut point.
- A number of GT stinger title templates have been included which will work in all editions of vMix
- Input MultiView renamed to Layers to make it eaiser to use
- Existing shortcut functions remain, but new Layer shortcuts also added. Both are different names for the same functionality
- Basic borders can be added to each input layer. These borders are the same design and format as existing Overlay borders
YouTube Stream Now
- vMix 24 implements functionality similar to the Stream Now feature discontinued on the YouTube web site
- Fill in the desired stream details and a new stream will be created matching those details each time the stream is started
- Can also select previously created events via the YouTube Studio web site
- The latest NDI release is included in vMix 24
Everything is FEIM
- New "Faulty Encoder Isolation Mode" for NDI separates each input into its own background application, so if an encoder causes a crash it will not impact vMix.
- This is an optionally enabled mode as it does increase CPU and memory usage and should only be enabled for problematic inputs.
- Can be enabled for all inputs in Settings -> Performance, or enabled for each input through the FEIM checkbox in Add Input -> NDI
- New alert manager in Settings enables a large flashing red warning on screen when there is low audio or FTB enabled. This warning only shows to the operator and will not be visible to the audience of the recording or stream.
- Over 300 new title templates, including titles, social and stingers
- New "Search" category added, allowing the display of certain inputs by a search term
- Web Browser input updated to Chromium V86
- New SRT indicator at top right of vMix main window. Red when connected, amber when no-connection or error
- SRT library updated to 1.4.2
- SRT options in External menu now show hostname/port to help identify outputs.
- Dynamic Inputs and Dynamic Values supported. Whatever is set with these functions can be recalled by typing in "DynamicValue1-4" as the Value field, or selecting the Dynamic options in the Input dropdown
- Dynamic activators to see which inputs are selected in 1 of 4 dynamic input channels.
- Audio channel matrix presets
- Tally Lights now follow main input when using virtual PTZ presets
- Added right click menu to vMix Calls under Advanced to show blank frame when call disconnects
- Added OnCallDisconnected/Connected triggers
- vMix Call status information is now available in the API
- Data source pausing support with shortcut functions
- Support for focus control on most PTZ Optics camera models (excluding ZCam) when latest firmware installed
- Audio buses can now have custom names applied
- Added checkbox in Settings -> Audio to "Hide Audio Mixers based on selected Category"
- Audio mixers now include input number in title
- Shortcuts window now has search option to help find a shortcut since there is now so many!
- Added SQ and LQ recording options to vMix AVI. These are lower quality, but lower file size recording options
- Data Sources and SRT outputs will no longer load automatically on startup. They will now only load on opening of a preset. This functionality can be changed back to the previous behavior in Settings -> Outputs
- Improved compatibility with VST3 plugins that expect certain behavior when removing plugins
- Fixed Mix Input showing incorrect premultiplied alpha by default
- Fixed issue where streaming output could be set to a higher frame rate than the master frame rate leading to low bitrates and keyframe warnings on some streaming providers
- Production Clock did not support fractions in hour offset, this has now been corrected
Release Notes for vMix 23 - 11 December 2019
- SRT - Secure Reliable Transport is a point to point protocol for fixed latency streams of an unreliable internet.
- vMix supports multiple inputs (Stream Input) and up to 4 Outputs in vMix 4K and Pro (1 output in all other editions).
- GPU acceleration where possible for H264 and HEVC streams. 2 Stream PC encode limit applies to GeForce cards, CPU fallback available where not available on the GPU.
More Audio Buses
- A-B audio buses expanded to A-G for a total of 14 channels of audio (7x 2 channel pairs)
- Audio buses can be routed to Master to use as groups by selecting the new M button in the audio mixer.
- SRT supports up to 8 channels audio in or out. Magewell, AJA and Blackmagic devices support up to 8.
- vMix AVI supports full 16 channel audio recording (Master + ABCDEFG)
Mix Input (4K and Pro only)
- Add a "mini mixer" input to vMix with a dedicated Preview/Output bus, Cut and Transition button.
- Existing shortcuts can be used with the new Mix dropdown option to select from 1-4 where 1= main mix, 2 = first mix input and so on.
- Mix inputs support 're-entry' and can be used as Input MultiView sources without any additional latency.
vMix Media Converter
- Bulk transcoding utility to convert vMix AVI into ProRes compatible MOV files for use in video editors such as Final Cut Pro and Davinci Resolve
GT Text Bounding
- Link rectangles, images and other GT elements to Text fields set to auto width and/or height.
- This allows elements to match the size of the text with an optional padding value on each side..
- Updated NDI support to latest 4.1 SDK
- Includes updates to MultiCorder to support recording NDI sources directly to MOV without recompresion.
- Add option to select either Output 1 or Output 2 for each stream through the Streaming Quality window.
- Facebook can now be used alongside other destinations due to Facebook policy change
- Facebook scheduled streams can now be selected and created from within vMix
- Improved codec support for video playback including NDI MOV files with alpha channel
- Web Controller authentication support allows setting a password for each page
- Added ability to select a Row for each text field now in Data Sources
- Added 2x zoom option to Vectorscope
- Added Mixer and Lightcast streaming providers to Destination dropdown
- Added Unselect All option when opening a preset.
- Updated Web Browser input to V77 of Chrome. Older versions still selectable from dropdown for compatibility.
Release Notes for vMix 22 - 14 February 2019
GT - Easy to use, high-performance, animated graphics
- Over 100+ animated title, scoreboard, ticker and social templates to choose from in HD and 4K.
- Four way ticker support: create custom tickers with top, bottom, left or right scroll directions.
- GT Designer Standard allows creating custom static titles and animated tickers in all vMix editions
- GT Designer Advanced allows creating custom animated titles along with the ability to import from Adobe Photoshop PSD files.
- Spell check support added to built in vMix Title Editor.
- New Clock dropdown box in Title Editor provides built in presets to add common clock formats to a title.
MultiCorder (4K and Pro editions)
- Added support for recording Video Call sources in addition to Output1-4.
- Individual MultiCorder settings can be saved in each preset.
vMix Video Codec
- High quality, fault tolerant, low CPU codec suitable for post production editing on Windows.
- ProRes-like codec with support for Adobe Premiere, Magix Vegas Pro and most other Windows video editing programs.
- Supported in both the Recorder and MultiCorder.
Virtual PTZ (4K and Pro editions)
- Turns any input into a Virtual PZ camera with high quality, customisable digital zoom.
- Live Pause (Freeze Frame) Camera, NDI and Desktop Capture inputs by clicking the pause icon under the input.
- New MultiView Output layout options.
- Set the title bar either above or below the MultiView Output video previews.
- Customise Preview/Output headings between fixed text and input names.
- Updated NDI support to latest 3.8 SDK
- Included vMix NDI Config tool allows toggling between UDP and TCP transmission to allow optimising performance based on network requirements.
- Stream Deck and Stream Deck mini support. Add the vMix plugin from the Stream Deck App store. Set buttons to live thumbnail previews via shortcuts, or colours via activators.
- Joystick Z axis support
- Joystick pressure sensitive support. Allows variable speed pan/tilt/zoom on supported PTZ cameras including the new Virtual PTZ.
- X-Keys HD15 GPIO support added.
- Support for AJA Kona 5.
- New GPU memory % indicator in status bar. This refers to special memory shared between the CPU and GPU and can be used to identify potential performance problems when using a large number of inputs.
- Vimeo streaming provider now supports selecting a previous setup event to stream to.
- SlideShow Properties window (for Photos and PowerPoint inputs) can now be resized. Rearranged image orders is now saved in the vMix preset.
- New Copy From button in Input Settings can be used to copy Triggers, MultiView and Colour Correction between inputs.
- New cog buttons on Preview and Output to open up associated Input Settings.
- Added ability to solo Bus A or Bus B through Headphones output. Click the [S] button in the Bus mixer to toggle on/off.
- Added support for resizable VST3 plugins.
Release Notes for vMix 21 - 16 May 2018Download vMix 21
- Professional colour correction on every input
- Lift/Gamma/Gain/Hue/Saturation controls with industry standard colour wheels and bars
- Import/export colour correction presets to use in other productions
- New Waveform and Vectorscope monitors in Preview and Input settings windows
- Select the RGB icon to select from the various display options
- Choose from Waveform RGB, Waveform Y, Parade RGB, Vectorscope and split (side by side) layout options
- Independent streaming control support for all three destinations
- Select a different audio bus for each stream to facilitate multilingual productions
- New Square (1:1) and Vertical (9:16) streaming options will automatically crop the sides of the video to fit
- To assist with these new aspect ratios, additional Safe Area presets are available
- Added recommended streaming quality presets for Facebook
- New Display Engine for Windows 10, improves performance (reduces render time) and smoothness on Fullscreen outputs
- Also improves compatibility with NVIDIA Optimus laptops running the latest Windows Updates and no longer requires the "Optimus Compatibility Mode"
- MultiView Output now supports custom input layouts in addition to the default 1-8
- Can also be used to assign monitors based on input type, for example to show the first 4 cameras in the first row regardless of location in the inputs
- Added support for SSL (RTMPS) streaming. This can be used with Facebook on networks that block or filter port 80 traffic
- Key/Fill output support for compatible Blackmagic devices
If device supports Key/Fill a new Alpha Channel dropdown will appear in settings -> External Output
- Configure a custom Audio Channel (bus) on each NDI output
- Configure Alpha Channel mode on NDI outputs (Premultiplied and Straight)
- Configure downscaling on NDI outputs (such as HD to SD)
- NewBlue NDI integration now supports 10 command layers, up from 5
- SetCCX shortcuts to adjust Lift/Gamma/Gain/Hue/Saturation with MIDI support
- Start/StopStreaming functions support an optional value to select the stream index (0-2)
- InputPreviewShowHide: Show and hide the large input preview window
- New OnCountdownCompleted trigger for titles
- Support for AJA Io 4K Plus and new Kona HDMI models
- X-Keys T-Bar/Jog/Shuttle controller support added
- PTZ Optics ZCAM zoom control supported in PTZ controls
- Windows Update is disabled automatically while vMix is running
- ASUS Sonic Suite 2 will be disabled if it is installed on the system as it can substantially reduce performance
- New Performance Alerts - If CPU or GPU exceed a certain threshold, an alert will appear in the status bar at the bottom of vMix
- New Activators support in TCP API
- Improved German translation
- Fixed focus/zoom issues with Sony VISCA over IP provider
- New repeat checkbox in vMix Social. When unchecked vMix Social will only display new posts once.
- Dragging and dropping content into vMix will now be added to the recent items to make them easy to find in the future
- Improved JSON support in Data Sources
- All dropdown input lists now include input number first to make it easy to find inputs in large productions
- Inputs.Find in Scripting API now supports numbers in addition to input names
- Fixed a couple of memory leak issues, including with titles after extended periods of time