Download vMix Software
Click Download below to install the Free 60 Day Trial or to update your licensed copy of vMix.Download vMix 20 (220.127.116.11)
The download above includes the latest version of vMix,
vMix Social, vMix Title Designer and vMix Desktop Capture all in the one setup program.
vMix is a Windows based software only. If you are using a Mac, click the following link for more information: "Can vMix run on a Mac?".
See also: What edition is the trial?
Download vMix Desktop Capture
Release Notes for vMix 20 - 5 September 2017
Click here for a changelog of updates since vMix 20 was released
- Two additional independent outputs for vMix Call, Replay and NDI (Pro and 4K editions only)
- Second recorder with an independent recording format that can be assigned to one of the 4 outputs. (Pro and 4K editions only)
- New Dual Production Clock can now be enabled from Settings -> Options
- Each of the clocks can display either the current time, recording duration, streaming duration or a countdown to an event
- Clock display can also be added as an input which can be assigned to the MultiView Output
- Clock input can also be enabled as an NDI source on the network, providing a mobile clock that can be displayed anywhere using the free NDI tools!
- Audio and Video sources sent to guests can now be changed independently at any time from the right click menu
- All vMix editions including Basic HD can now connect to a remote vMix Call running HD or higher
- New Low Latency option added. This can be used on reliable, high bandwidth point to point connections where the lowest possible delay is required
- New Channel Matrix option available for every input that supports audio
- Provides a 8x16 channel audio router to every input that can be assigned to any of the audio output buses in any combination
- Live audio meters added to each channel in the Input Channel Mixer
- Improved streaming settings layout
- Each of the 3 destinations now supports independent bitrate and resolution settings
- Hardware Encoder can also be controlled independently on each stream to assist with systems where GeForce cards only support 2 encoders at a time
- Added new Visca Over IP support to connect to newer Sony SRG series cameras in addition to the new IP model from Lumens
- Added support for controlling NewBlue Titler Live 3.0 via NDI
- Supports commands such as AnimateIn, AnimateOut which can be accessed from the Input right click menu or assigned to controllers using the new shortcut function NDICommand
- Supports live editing of Titler Live templates from within the vMix Title Editor and Web Controller, with the ability to assign data sources as well
- vMix now includes the vMix Title Pack for free! This includes 36 additional templates including scoreboards and lower thirds.
- Added support for X-keys XK-68 Jog/Shuttle controller
- Improved CPU usage when streaming, particularly with 4K
- Improved performance with 4K Magewell capture cards
- New TCP API for embedded devices. See Developer Information in the help for more information.
Release Notes for vMix 19 - 24 March 2017
Download vMix 19
- Add up to 8 remote guests to vMix quickly and easily with HD video and high quality full duplex audio.
- vMix Call requires a copy of vMix HD (1 Guest), vMix 4K (2 Guests) or vMix Pro (8 Guests)
- Each guest includes Automatic Mix minus for hassle free audio.
- For more information see http://www.vmix.com/callhelp/
- Increased MultiView overlays from 5 to 10
- Added checkbox to show/hide individual overlays
- Drag/drop MultiView overlay numbers to change the render order (z order)
- Added template to show 9 overlays on screen at the same time
- Undo button added for acidentally closed inputs
- Added number boxes to cropping sliders
- Webcams will now default to MJPG which provides smoother frame rates at HD resolutions
- Added support for RTSP streams containing LATM AAC audio such as the Matrox Monarch HD
- SetTransitionEffect/SetTransitionDuration to control each of the 4 effect buttons in the vMix UI
- Fullscreen to toggle fullscreen button
- More Information: http://www.vmix.com/help19/ShortcutFunctionReference.html
- Added CGI PTZ support for the Sony SRG-360 series
- Added 36 new MultiView Virtual Set templates for vMix Call
- Zoom previews will now update when changing layers. This is handy when building a custom set using the included Blank template.
- Added ability to drag and shift-zoom to set positions in the Zoom Editor window
- Added automatic resume support to MultiCorder
- If a source changes resolution or is reset, MultiCorder will restart recording automatically
- Fixed Key/Fill not working independently with virtual inputs
- Fixed some inputs not updating correctly when anti-aliasing is enabled
- Fixed NDI showing very low resolution when anti-aliasing is enabled
- Fixed NDI thumbnails not updating in some cases
- Improved error messages when Decklink card does not support the selected format (such as 1080p50/60 on older cards)
Release Notes for vMix 18 - 29 November 2016
- Data Sources - link live data from Excel, CSV, Google Sheets, RSS, Text and XML to Titles within vMix
- Activators - activate lights, button LEDs and motorised faders on support MIDI and X-Keys controllers in response to changes in vMix.
- List Input - new dockable interface for the List input allows quick and easy control over multiple video and audio files in a single input.
- Instant Replay - new features added to Instant Replay include 8 Event tabs, up from four, 3 digit ID codes assigned to each event and the order events irrespective of timecode.
- Magewell Pro Capture SDK - Full support added which enables lower latency and multi-channel audio support from Magewell Pro Capture series cards.
- NDI - Reduced CPU usage across the board allows for more NDI inputs to be used at the same time.
- Web Browser input now supports keyboard control through right click menu option.
- Custom title templates recently added will now be displayed along with a thumbnail preview from the Add Input > Title > Recent tab.
- Ability to assign separate audio channels to Recording, Stream and External Output independently
- Choose from Master, A, B or combinations of MA or MAB for 4 and 6 channel configurations
- Independently record a master WAV file alongside each recording containing all channels selected channels
- EmbeddedAllChannels dropdown option enables multi channel audio support for AJA, Magewell and Blackmagic capture cards
- hitbox.tv streaming destination added
- High profile dropdown option added to Streaming Quality settings
Shortcuts / API
- Added shortcuts for most Web Browser functionality
- Addes shortcuts for most List input functionality
- Additional shortcuts added for Data Sources and Instant Replay. A full list of shortcut functions is available by clicking here.
Release Notes for vMix 17 - 10 April 2016
- NDI - Network Device Interface support. See the NDI page for more information.
- PTZ support for Web Enabled Panasonic, Sony and PTZ Optics cameras. Click here for supported camera information.
- Web Browser input. Easily add web pages as inputs including sites with video and audio content.
- Categories now appear as tabs above the inputs row. Labels can be added by right clicking any category button.
- Audio Mixer and Replay tabs now also appear above the inputs row
- Substantial performance improvements when using a large number of inputs (50+)
- New improved Audio Meters with large dynamic range (0 to -90db)
- dB peak levels are now displayed by moving the mouse over a meter
- Full Pre and Post audio meters including DB labels are available in the Audio Settings for each input
- Audio Settings can be kept open for multiple inputs at a time for easy monitoring
- New "Channel Mixer" added to every audio input allowing separate mixing of all input channels into the final 2 Channel Mix.
- New Headphones volume level for every input, so that some sources can be removed from headphones without affecting Stream or Recording
- Brand new vMix Desktop Capture utilising NDI
- Supports game capture on Windows 8.1 and higher systems and 60fps support
- Local desktop capture moved to dedicated tab under Add Input -> NDI / Desktop Capture
- Local desktop capture uses GPU acceleration to provide full frame rate capture with minimal system resources
- Streaming settings and Output Format are now both saved in Presets
- When loading a preset with different resolution or frame rate, user will be prompted to confirm the changes
- Added support for GIF animations via the Video Input
- Added new Chroma Key presets to enable better initial quality without needing to adjust sliders
- Image Input will now automatically adjust aspect ratio for files that do not match either 4:3 or 16:9.
- Improved support for IP cameras with RTSP streaming, including support for more AAC audio formats.
- Improved output performance with Blackmagic devices
- Added reverse variations of transition effects
- Gamepad and Joystick support added
Shortcuts / API
- Updated API XML with audio meter levels and Fullscreen info
- Added support for more than 100 inputs
- Added functions for NDI and PTZ control
- Added support for Value when using Triggers
- Added support for triggering using audio levels
- Added YouTube streaming provider
- Added StreamShark streaming provider
- Added Wowza Cloud streaming provider
- vMix output resolution will now match the current streaming profile by default.
- Added x264 preset options to Streaming Quality settings
- Added support for External 2 as a camera source in Instant Replay, in addition to Output
- Added support for NDI sources
- Added support for hardware accelerated HEVC / H265 recordings (where supported by graphics card)
- Added H264 Main and High profiles to MP4 recording
Release Notes for vMix 16 - 1 September 2015
Download vMix 16
Download vMix Desktop Capture for vMix 16 (Windows)
Download vMix Desktop Capture for vMix 16 (Mac)
- MIDI Controller Support
- ASIO Input and Output Devices Support
- Scripting support
- New Audio Effects including Noise Gate and 10 Band EQ
- Support for Tally Light kits from Tally-Lights and Metasetz
- Twitch, DaCast, StreamSpot and StreamingChurch.tv added to Streaming destinations
- ASIO Input and Output Support
- Improved audio processing quality
- New Noise Gate effect
- New 10 Band Equalizer
- Audio Meter added to Audio Settings with effect toggle checkboxes to compare before and after levels
- SetBalance and SetGain shortcuts added
- New FFMPEG recording option with support for MOV, MP4, H264, VC-3 and more!
- MOV recordings default to non-indexed which means partial files can be played back, but may not be compatible with some players
- Log files now saved to separate directory for easy management
- MultiCorder now supports MP4 and FFMPEG
- Integrated support for Twitch, DaCast, StreamSpot and StreamingChurch.tv added
- Add Input -> Flash toggle box added to support additional remote RTMP stream types
- MIDI Input support, use any MIDI device to control an unlimited number of functions
- Support for MIDI fader controls to control audio or even the T-Bar!
- X-Keys button support for most models
- ShuttlePROv2 buttons can now be used to control any function in vMix, even if Replay is not being used
- Mouse scroll wheel can now be used to scroll input rows (while mouse hovers over Inputs area)
- New Function lookup box makes it easy to find functions organised by category
- New "Find ..." button allows you to push a button or control from any supported device (Keyboard, MIDI, X-Keys, vMix Control Surface) to assign it automatically
- New Templates interface, allows easy visualisation of Keyboard, ShuttlePRO and Novation LaunchControlXL button assignments on screen, or as a printable graphic
- Improved Edit Shortcut window that hides options unrelated to a particular shortcut and provides function specific captions and hints
- MoveInput added
- Shortcuts can now optionally be assigned by Number instead of moving with a particular input.
- New scripting support in 4K and PRO editions
- Write your own code and attach it to a shortcut or trigger
- Code can be created as either VB.NET code or as a text list of API functions
- Scripts can be called from the API (handy for bulk commands)
- API now supports HTTP POST
- API now supports selecting inputs by Name e.g Input=myvideo.mp4
External Output / MultiView
- Support added for Bluefish output capable cards
- New MultiView layouts added including Quad View and Preview/Program + 12 Inputs
- Add Input button now includes a quick access menu to easily add recent files
- Right click menu added to all inputs to "Create Virtual Input"
- Create Virtual Input now duplicates the settings from the source input
- Higher bitrate options added
- Replay shortcuts now accept values greater than 30 seconds (up to 10 minutes)
- New switch direction button added to replay interface
- New Jump To Now button added to replay interface and shortcuts, will stop live and jump to most recent frame automatically
- ReplayMarkInRecordedNow shortcut jumps to now and marks in, ready to scroll back and select mark out point
- Live previews now show in Replay A + B when in Live mode, can be disabled in settings
- ReplayMarkCancel shortcut
- ReplaySetDirectionForward, ReplaySetDirectionBackward shortcuts
- OnOverlayIn and OnOverlayOut triggers now available
- Added trigger watchdog to watch for loops and throttle automatically
- Added support for Tally Lights from www.tally-lights.com
- Added support for Tally Lights from www.metasetz.com
- Tally lights now trigger on overlays as well
- New Merge effect animates all inputs that are both in the Preview and Output
- Use the Merge effect to create animations between inputs or create multiple zoom inputs for a single camera and smoothly transition to each
- Performance of "Capture Hidden Window" vastly improved. Allows capturing up to 60fps from any window on the same PC.
- Fixed issues with desktop capture aspect ratio
- Fixed some issues with importing and exporting presets across computers in different language regions
- Fixed title sorting in Add Input -> Title
- Fixed bug with Key/Fill where using some graphics cards would lead to opaque elements becoming semi-transparent.