Download vMix Software
Click Download below to install the Free 60 Day Trial of vMix PRO or to update your licensed copy of vMix. The download below includes the latest version of vMix, vMix Social, vMix GT Title Designer and vMix Desktop Capture all in the one setup program.
Existing customer who purchased prior to 01 January 2018? Check Latest Available Version
vMix is a Windows based software only. If you are using a Mac, click the following link for more information: "Can vMix run on a Mac?".
vMix includes some open source libraries. Details of some these libraries and applicable source code are available here.
Download vMix Desktop Capture
Click below to download the vMix Desktop Capture program for Windows and OSX.
Release Notes for vMix 23 - 11 December 2019Click here for a changelog of updates since vMix 23 was released
- SRT - Secure Reliable Transport is a point to point protocol for fixed latency streams of an unreliable internet.
- vMix supports multiple inputs (Stream Input) and up to 4 Outputs in vMix 4K and Pro (1 output in all other editions).
- GPU acceleration where possible for H264 and HEVC streams. 2 Stream PC encode limit applies to GeForce cards, CPU fallback available where not available on the GPU.
More Audio Buses
- A-B audio buses expanded to A-G for a total of 14 channels of audio (7x 2 channel pairs)
- Audio buses can be routed to Master to use as groups by selecting the new M button in the audio mixer.
- SRT supports up to 8 channels audio in or out. Magewell, AJA and Blackmagic devices support up to 8.
- vMix AVI supports full 16 channel audio recording (Master + ABCDEFG)
Mix Input (4K and Pro only)
- Add a "mini mixer" input to vMix with a dedicated Preview/Output bus, Cut and Transition button.
- Existing shortcuts can be used with the new Mix dropdown option to select from 1-4 where 1= main mix, 2 = first mix input and so on.
- Mix inputs support 're-entry' and can be used as Input MultiView sources without any additional latency.
vMix Media Converter
- Bulk transcoding utility to convert vMix AVI into ProRes compatible MOV files for use in video editors such as Final Cut Pro and Davinci Resolve
GT Text Bounding
- Link rectangles, images and other GT elements to Text fields set to auto width and/or height.
- This allows elements to match the size of the text with an optional padding value on each side..
- Updated NDI support to latest 4.1 SDK
- Includes updates to MultiCorder to support recording NDI sources directly to MOV without recompresion.
- Add option to select either Output 1 or Output 2 for each stream through the Streaming Quality window.
- Facebook can now be used alongside other destinations due to Facebook policy change
- Facebook scheduled streams can now be selected and created from within vMix
- Improved codec support for video playback including NDI MOV files with alpha channel
- Web Controller authentication support allows setting a password for each page
- Added ability to select a Row for each text field now in Data Sources
- Added 2x zoom option to Vectorscope
- Added Mixer and Lightcast streaming providers to Destination dropdown
- Added Unselect All option when opening a preset.
- Updated Web Browser input to V77 of Chrome. Older versions still selectable from dropdown for compatibility.
Release Notes for vMix 22 - 14 February 2019Download vMix 22
GT - Easy to use, high-performance, animated graphics
- Over 100+ animated title, scoreboard, ticker and social templates to choose from in HD and 4K.
- Four way ticker support: create custom tickers with top, bottom, left or right scroll directions.
- GT Designer Standard allows creating custom static titles and animated tickers in all vMix editions
- GT Designer Advanced allows creating custom animated titles along with the ability to import from Adobe Photoshop PSD files.
- Spell check support added to built in vMix Title Editor.
- New Clock dropdown box in Title Editor provides built in presets to add common clock formats to a title.
MultiCorder (4K and Pro editions)
- Added support for recording Video Call sources in addition to Output1-4.
- Individual MultiCorder settings can be saved in each preset.
vMix Video Codec
- High quality, fault tolerant, low CPU codec suitable for post production editing on Windows.
- ProRes-like codec with support for Adobe Premiere, Magix Vegas Pro and most other Windows video editing programs.
- Supported in both the Recorder and MultiCorder.
Virtual PTZ (4K and Pro editions)
- Turns any input into a Virtual PZ camera with high quality, customisable digital zoom.
- Live Pause (Freeze Frame) Camera, NDI and Desktop Capture inputs by clicking the pause icon under the input.
- New MultiView Output layout options.
- Set the title bar either above or below the MultiView Output video previews.
- Customise Preview/Output headings between fixed text and input names.
- Updated NDI support to latest 3.8 SDK
- Included vMix NDI Config tool allows toggling between UDP and TCP transmission to allow optimising performance based on network requirements.
- Stream Deck and Stream Deck mini support. Add the vMix plugin from the Stream Deck App store. Set buttons to live thumbnail previews via shortcuts, or colours via activators.
- Joystick Z axis support
- Joystick pressure sensitive support. Allows variable speed pan/tilt/zoom on supported PTZ cameras including the new Virtual PTZ.
- X-Keys HD15 GPIO support added.
- Support for AJA Kona 5.
- New GPU memory % indicator in status bar. This refers to special memory shared between the CPU and GPU and can be used to identify potential performance problems when using a large number of inputs.
- Vimeo streaming provider now supports selecting a previous setup event to stream to.
- SlideShow Properties window (for Photos and PowerPoint inputs) can now be resized. Rearranged image orders is now saved in the vMix preset.
- New Copy From button in Input Settings can be used to copy Triggers, MultiView and Colour Correction between inputs.
- New cog buttons on Preview and Output to open up associated Input Settings.
- Added ability to solo Bus A or Bus B through Headphones output. Click the [S] button in the Bus mixer to toggle on/off.
- Added support for resizable VST3 plugins.
Release Notes for vMix 21 - 16 May 2018Download vMix 21
- Professional colour correction on every input
- Lift/Gamma/Gain/Hue/Saturation controls with industry standard colour wheels and bars
- Import/export colour correction presets to use in other productions
- New Waveform and Vectorscope monitors in Preview and Input settings windows
- Select the RGB icon to select from the various display options
- Choose from Waveform RGB, Waveform Y, Parade RGB, Vectorscope and split (side by side) layout options
- Independent streaming control support for all three destinations
- Select a different audio bus for each stream to facilitate multilingual productions
- New Square (1:1) and Vertical (9:16) streaming options will automatically crop the sides of the video to fit
- To assist with these new aspect ratios, additional Safe Area presets are available
- Added recommended streaming quality presets for Facebook
- New Display Engine for Windows 10, improves performance (reduces render time) and smoothness on Fullscreen outputs
- Also improves compatibility with NVIDIA Optimus laptops running the latest Windows Updates and no longer requires the "Optimus Compatibility Mode"
- MultiView Output now supports custom input layouts in addition to the default 1-8
- Can also be used to assign monitors based on input type, for example to show the first 4 cameras in the first row regardless of location in the inputs
- Added support for SSL (RTMPS) streaming. This can be used with Facebook on networks that block or filter port 80 traffic
- Key/Fill output support for compatible Blackmagic devices
If device supports Key/Fill a new Alpha Channel dropdown will appear in settings -> External Output
- Configure a custom Audio Channel (bus) on each NDI output
- Configure Alpha Channel mode on NDI outputs (Premultiplied and Straight)
- Configure downscaling on NDI outputs (such as HD to SD)
- NewBlue NDI integration now supports 10 command layers, up from 5
- SetCCX shortcuts to adjust Lift/Gamma/Gain/Hue/Saturation with MIDI support
- Start/StopStreaming functions support an optional value to select the stream index (0-2)
- InputPreviewShowHide: Show and hide the large input preview window
- New OnCountdownCompleted trigger for titles
- Support for AJA Io 4K Plus and new Kona HDMI models
- X-Keys T-Bar/Jog/Shuttle controller support added
- PTZ Optics ZCAM zoom control supported in PTZ controls
- Windows Update is disabled automatically while vMix is running
- ASUS Sonic Suite 2 will be disabled if it is installed on the system as it can substantially reduce performance
- New Performance Alerts - If CPU or GPU exceed a certain threshold, an alert will appear in the status bar at the bottom of vMix
- New Activators support in TCP API
- Improved German translation
- Fixed focus/zoom issues with Sony VISCA over IP provider
- New repeat checkbox in vMix Social. When unchecked vMix Social will only display new posts once.
- Dragging and dropping content into vMix will now be added to the recent items to make them easy to find in the future
- Improved JSON support in Data Sources
- All dropdown input lists now include input number first to make it easy to find inputs in large productions
- Inputs.Find in Scripting API now supports numbers in addition to input names
- Fixed a couple of memory leak issues, including with titles after extended periods of time
Release Notes for vMix 20 - 5 September 2017
- Two additional independent outputs for vMix Call, Replay and NDI (Pro and 4K editions only)
- Second recorder with an independent recording format that can be assigned to one of the 4 outputs. (Pro and 4K editions only)
- New Dual Production Clock can now be enabled from Settings -> Options
- Each of the clocks can display either the current time, recording duration, streaming duration or a countdown to an event
- Clock display can also be added as an input which can be assigned to the MultiView Output
- Clock input can also be enabled as an NDI source on the network, providing a mobile clock that can be displayed anywhere using the free NDI tools!
- Audio and Video sources sent to guests can now be changed independently at any time from the right click menu
- All vMix editions including Basic HD can now connect to a remote vMix Call running HD or higher
- New Low Latency option added. This can be used on reliable, high bandwidth point to point connections where the lowest possible delay is required
- New Channel Matrix option available for every input that supports audio
- Provides a 8x16 channel audio router to every input that can be assigned to any of the audio output buses in any combination
- Live audio meters added to each channel in the Input Channel Mixer
- Improved streaming settings layout
- Each of the 3 destinations now supports independent bitrate and resolution settings
- Hardware Encoder can also be controlled independently on each stream to assist with systems where GeForce cards only support 2 encoders at a time
- Added new Visca Over IP support to connect to newer Sony SRG series cameras in addition to the new IP model from Lumens
- Added support for controlling NewBlue Titler Live 3.0 via NDI
- Supports commands such as AnimateIn, AnimateOut which can be accessed from the Input right click menu or assigned to controllers using the new shortcut function NDICommand
- Supports live editing of Titler Live templates from within the vMix Title Editor and Web Controller, with the ability to assign data sources as well
- vMix now includes the vMix Title Pack for free! This includes 36 additional templates including scoreboards and lower thirds.
- Added support for X-keys XK-68 Jog/Shuttle controller
- Improved CPU usage when streaming, particularly with 4K
- Improved performance with 4K Magewell capture cards
- New TCP API for embedded devices. See Developer Information in the help for more information.
Release Notes for vMix 19 - 24 March 2017
- Add up to 8 remote guests to vMix quickly and easily with HD video and high quality full duplex audio.
- vMix Call requires a copy of vMix HD (1 Guest), vMix 4K (2 Guests) or vMix Pro (8 Guests)
- Each guest includes Automatic Mix minus for hassle free audio.
- For more information see http://www.vmix.com/callhelp/
- Increased MultiView overlays from 5 to 10
- Added checkbox to show/hide individual overlays
- Drag/drop MultiView overlay numbers to change the render order (z order)
- Added template to show 9 overlays on screen at the same time
- Undo button added for acidentally closed inputs
- Added number boxes to cropping sliders
- Webcams will now default to MJPG which provides smoother frame rates at HD resolutions
- Added support for RTSP streams containing LATM AAC audio such as the Matrox Monarch HD
- SetTransitionEffect/SetTransitionDuration to control each of the 4 effect buttons in the vMix UI/li>
- Fullscreen to toggle fullscreen button/li>
- More Information: http://www.vmix.com/help19/ShortcutFunctionReference.html
- Added CGI PTZ support for the Sony SRG-360 series
- Added 36 new MultiView Virtual Set templates for vMix Call
- Zoom previews will now update when changing layers. This is handy when building a custom set using the included Blank template.
- Added ability to drag and shift-zoom to set positions in the Zoom Editor window
- Added automatic resume support to MultiCorder
- If a source changes resolution or is reset, MultiCorder will restart recording automatically
- Fixed Key/Fill not working independently with virtual inputs
- Fixed some inputs not updating correctly when anti-aliasing is enabled
- Fixed NDI showing very low resolution when anti-aliasing is enabled
- Fixed NDI thumbnails not updating in some cases
- Improved error messages when Decklink card does not support the selected format (such as 1080p50/60 on older cards)
Release Notes for vMix 18 - 29 November 2016
- Data Sources - link live data from Excel, CSV, Google Sheets, RSS, Text and XML to Titles within vMix
- Activators - activate lights, button LEDs and motorised faders on support MIDI and X-Keys controllers in response to changes in vMix.
- List Input - new dockable interface for the List input allows quick and easy control over multiple video and audio files in a single input.
- Instant Replay - new features added to Instant Replay include 8 Event tabs, up from four, 3 digit ID codes assigned to each event and the order events irrespective of timecode.
- Magewell Pro Capture SDK - Full support added which enables lower latency and multi-channel audio support from Magewell Pro Capture series cards.
- NDI - Reduced CPU usage across the board allows for more NDI inputs to be used at the same time.
- Web Browser input now supports keyboard control through right click menu option.
- Custom title templates recently added will now be displayed along with a thumbnail preview from the Add Input > Title > Recent tab.
- Ability to assign separate audio channels to Recording, Stream and External Output independently
- Choose from Master, A, B or combinations of MA or MAB for 4 and 6 channel configurations
- Independently record a master WAV file alongside each recording containing all channels selected channels
- EmbeddedAllChannels dropdown option enables multi channel audio support for AJA, Magewell and Blackmagic capture cards
- hitbox.tv streaming destination added
- High profile dropdown option added to Streaming Quality settings
Shortcuts / API
- Added shortcuts for most Web Browser functionality
- Added shortcuts for most List input functionality
- Additional shortcuts added for Data Sources and Instant Replay. A full list of shortcut functions is available by clicking here.
Release Notes for vMix 17 - 10 April 2016
- Categories now appear as tabs above the inputs row. Labels can be added by right clicking any category button.
- Audio Mixer and Replay tabs now also appear above the inputs row
- Substantial performance improvements when using a large number of inputs (50+).
- New improved Audio Meters with large dynamic range (0 to -90db)
- dB peak levels are now displayed by moving the mouse over a meter
- Full Pre and Post audio meters including DB labels are available in the Audio Settings for each input
- Audio Settings can be kept open for multiple inputs at a time for easy monitoring
- New "Channel Mixer" added to every audio input allowing separate mixing of all input channels into the final 2 Channel Mix.
- New Headphones volume level for every input, so that some sources can be removed from headphones without affecting Stream or Recording
- Brand new vMix Desktop Capture utilising NDI
- Supports game capture on Windows 8.1 and higher systems and 60fps support
- Local desktop capture moved to dedicated tab under Add Input -> NDI / Desktop Capture
- Local desktop capture uses GPU acceleration to provide full frame rate capture with minimal system resources
- Streaming settings and Output Format are now both saved in Presets
- When loading a preset with different resolution or frame rate, user will be prompted to confirm the changes.
- Added support for GIF animations via the Video Input
- Added new Chroma Key presets to enable better initial quality without needing to adjust sliders
- Image Input will now automatically adjust aspect ratio for files that do not match either 4:3 or 16:9.
- Improved support for IP cameras with RTSP streaming, including support for more AAC audio formats.
- Improved output performance with Blackmagic devices
- Added reverse variations of transition effects
- Gamepad and Joystick support added
Shortcuts / API
- Updated API XML with audio meter levels and Fullscreen info
- Added support for more than 100 inputs
- Added functions for NDI and PTZ control
- Added support for Value when using Triggers
- Added support for triggering using audio levels
- Added YouTube streaming provider
- Added StreamShark streaming provider
- Added Wowza Cloud streaming provider
- vMix output resolution will now match the current streaming profile by default.
- Added x264 preset options to Streaming Quality settings
- Added support for External 2 as a camera source in Instant Replay, in addition to Output/li>
- Added support for NDI sources
- Added support for hardware accelerated HEVC / H265 recordings (where supported by graphics card)
- Added H264 Main and High profiles to MP4 recording
Release Notes for vMix 16 - 1 September 2015Download vMix 16
Download vMix Desktop Capture for vMix 16 (Windows)Download vMix Desktop Capture for vMix 16 (Mac)
- MIDI Controller Support
- ASIO Input and Output Devices Support
- Scripting support
- New Audio Effects including Noise Gate and 10 Band EQ
- Support for Tally Light kits from Tally-Lights and Metasetz
- Twitch, DaCast, StreamSpot and StreamingChurch.tv added to Streaming destinations
- ASIO Input and Output Support
- Improved audio processing quality
- New Noise Gate effect
- New 10 Band Equalizer
- Audio Meter added to Audio Settings with effect toggle checkboxes to compare before and after levels
- SetBalance and SetGain shortcuts added
- New FFMPEG recording option with support for MOV, MP4, H264, VC-3 and more!
- MOV recordings default to non-indexed which means partial files can be played back, but may not be compatible with some players
- Log files now saved to separate directory for easy management
- MultiCorder now supports MP4 and FFMPEG
- Integrated support for Twitch, DaCast, StreamSpot and StreamingChurch.tv added
- Add Input -> Flash toggle box added to support additional remote RTMP stream types
- MIDI Input support, use any MIDI device to control an unlimited number of functions
- Support for MIDI fader controls to control audio or even the T-Bar!
- X-Keys button support for most models
- ShuttlePROv2 buttons can now be used to control any function in vMix, even if Replay is not being used
- Mouse scroll wheel can now be used to scroll input rows (while mouse hovers over Inputs area)
- New Function lookup box makes it easy to find functions organised by category
- New "Find ..." button allows you to push a button or control from any supported device (Keyboard, MIDI, X-Keys, vMix Control Surface) to assign it automatically
- New Templates interface, allows easy visualisation of Keyboard, ShuttlePRO and Novation LaunchControlXL button assignments on screen, or as a printable graphic
- Improved Edit Shortcut window that hides options unrelated to a particular shortcut and provides function specific captions and hints
- MoveInput added
- Shortcuts can now optionally be assigned by Number instead of moving with a particular input.
- New scripting support in 4K and PRO editions
- Write your own code and attach it to a shortcut or trigger
- Code can be created as either VB.NET code or as a text list of API functions
- Scripts can be called from the API (handy for bulk commands)
- API now supports HTTP POST
- API now supports selecting inputs by Name e.g Input=myvideo.mp4
External Output / MultiView
- Support added for Bluefish output capable cards
- New MultiView layouts added including Quad View and Preview/Program + 12 Inputs
- Add Input button now includes a quick access menu to easily add recent files
- Right click menu added to all inputs to "Create Virtual Input"
- Create Virtual Input now duplicates the settings from the source input
- Higher bitrate options added
- Replay shortcuts now accept values greater than 30 seconds (up to 10 minutes)
- New switch direction button added to replay interface
- New Jump To Now button added to replay interface and shortcuts, will stop live and jump to most recent frame automatically
- ReplayMarkInRecordedNow shortcut jumps to now and marks in, ready to scroll back and select mark out point
- Live previews now show in Replay A + B when in Live mode, can be disabled in settings
- ReplayMarkCancel shortcut
- ReplaySetDirectionForward, ReplaySetDirectionBackward shortcuts
- OnOverlayIn and OnOverlayOut triggers now available
- Added trigger watchdog to watch for loops and throttle automatically
- New Merge effect animates all inputs that are both in the Preview and Output
- Use the Merge effect to create animations between inputs or create multiple zoom inputs for a single camera and smoothly transition to each
- Performance of "Capture Hidden Window" vastly improved. Allows capturing up to 60fps from any window on the same PC.
- Fixed issues with desktop capture aspect ratio
- Fixed some issues with importing and exporting presets across computers in different language regions
- Fixed title sorting in Add Input -> Title
- Fixed bug with Key/Fill where using some graphics cards would lead to opaque elements becoming semi-transparent.